Poems

This term we have been focusing on poems. So far we have done the Cinquain and Haiku poems. 

Below is one of my favourite Haikus I have written. It’s about a woman who is waiting for her husband to return from war. She is standing at a river under the Weeping Willow picturing him. I hope you enjoy! Leave a comment below.  

Orchard of beauty

Hush, hush, wait for him

You will see him there, waiting

Standing there just wait

Right there, on the edge

Under the Weeping Willow

A star at the moon 

See him smile there,

A rose scared by a thorn,

Think of him day and night

He will die alive

In an orchard of beauty

His soul will live on 

Be with him always

His soul is scarred, his face hurt

Dead in an orchard.

By me

Tell me about your knowledge on different poems. 

Talk to you soon!

By Grace

6 Comments on Poems

1. Izzy
    August 9, 2019 at 10:39 am (5 years ago)

Amazing job Grace! 🥳 your poem really described the Weeping Willow tree. 🌲 your photo that you Drew was amazingly detailed. 🥰 your poem was a great length and was packed with information. 😃 great job! 😜

Izzy 🤓😝❤️

Reply
  2. keiracbgs5
    August 14, 2019 at 7:06 am (5 years ago)

Hi Grace,
    I loved your Haiku and you brought a lot of emotion into your poem. I also love how you didn’t get a picture off the internet but you created it yourself. I also think you used really descriptive words. Great job!
    Keira

Reply
  3. Miss Davidson
    August 22, 2019 at 3:46 am (5 years ago)

Hi Grace,

Wow. What a beautiful poem. It creates beautiful (but sad!) images for me.

I also agree with Keira … I like the fact that you didn’t get the image off the internet. Instead, you used your imagination to create your own.

My favourite type of poem is a verse novel, which is a whole story told through poetry. I’m amazed at how the author can convey such wonderful imagery using so few words. Have you ever read a verse novel? If not, I can point you in the direction of some good ones if you like!

Happy blogging!

Miss Davidson.

Reply
  4. zaracbgs
    August 29, 2019 at 7:09 am (5 years ago)

Hi grace!
    I loved your haiku! It had lots of detailed, descriptive words in there that show a lot of emotion, it was such a nice poem! I would love to see more of your poems! Also great job on creating that photo, it looks great and is very relevant to the topic. Great job!
    Zara

Reply
  5. clairecbgs5
    August 29, 2019 at 7:19 am (5 years ago)

Hi Grace. Great poem. It was really calm and soothing. Also, I really liked how you gave a description about the poem at the beginning because it made lots of sense when you were reading the poem and I also really liked the descriptive words that you used throughout the poem. Good job.

From
    Claire

Reply
  6. gracetcbgs
    August 31, 2019 at 1:31 pm (5 years ago)

Wow Grace. What a moving poem. It’s beautiful prose left me with a heavy heart but in awe of the way you captured so much emotion in so few words. You should be so proud of this effort sweetheart, it’s a truly beautiful poem. Love Mum xxx

Reply