Book Awards 2019

Recently the CBCA book awards were given. We had to judge and critique them to then choose our favourite book. Today I will be talking to you about what I think makes a good information book and which book was my favourite.

What makes a good information book?

For me an information book can’t have a whole page of information at a time. I needs to be broken up into different pages. If I see a whole page of information, I will instantly scan over it and turn to the next page. I get bored very easily.

Another thing is the layout. I like an information book with a few pictures and a bit of information. The layout is very important because that is the first thing a reader looks at. It will give the book a character and a feeling. It needs to invite the reader to read the book. 

The last reason is the pictures. They have to match the text and make the reader feel an emotion. The picture needs to be able to not take to much out of the text but add onto it. It will be able to give the reader a visual image.

My favourite short listed book was ‘Bouncing Back’. It is about adapting to new environments and working through the toughest times even though it is not your fault. 

There wasn’t to much information and the layout kept me interested. The text put in a lot of meaning into a short amount of words. I wish the book kept on going so I could learn more. I guess that’s up to me!

What do you think makes a good information book? Why?

By Grace

2 Comments on Book Awards 2019

1. matthewwcbgs
    September 10, 2019 at 2:11 am (5 years ago)

Hi Grace,
    I really like your post but I think it needs more pictures to make it more attracting. My favourite book was probably Make Believe and I think a good information book would include information on the thing the book is about and the author should have researched on the topic.

From Matthew

Reply
  2. christianzcbgs
    September 10, 2019 at 5:00 am (5 years ago)

Hi Grass,
    Your blog post was very interesting and a good length. I like how you included lots of information and a photo. I also like how you included information on what a good information book includes.

Christian

Reply